My Ride

Apparently my car is a hot thing. I would never have known it but my students have now convinced me otherwise. Ms. C has a cool car. So there.
Me and Vicky Vroom Vroom (VVV for short), have been through a lot. To quote Student X, "it's a big strong metal box that can live through anything. It isn't one of those puny cars. I'd buy it from you if you were selling it. Are you selling it?"
Indeed it has lived through some pretty tough times. Like the um two times I was stopped by a cop but was saved by flashing a pretty smile - which, in case you're wondering, I do NOT flash anything more than a smile! But speaking of bad driving, I remember once when Leila was driving me to the mall and she was distracted by a hot guy and her car went over the curb. Now that's just dumb!
We were the best of friends in my last year of high school. We were the best of friends in my first year of university. Me and VVV that is! Then came the crash. And that " strong metal box that can live through anything" practically saved my life. It didn't crumple with me inside like an ordinary car would...when hit by a big huge truck.
Even though my parents took VVV away from me after the crash, I knew that one day we'd be reunited. And so we were this September. And now I'm happy once again. I thought I'd miss the GO bus after getting used to it for the pass three years. I don't.
Me + my silver Volvo 940 = the best of friends
I don't think I'll ever give it up or let anyone take it away from me again. No matter how much my dad wants it back. Plus it has a butt warmer. I like having my butt warmed every morning :D
P.S Don't tell me you don't have a silly name for your car too!
P.P.S Leila, I miss you.
P.P.P.S I know this post is kinda lame. Sorry!
16 Comments:
At 11:33 p.m.,
FU said…
i call my big green 96 ford taurus station wagon "Lafawnduh"
if you are a Napoleon Dynamite fan, you would understand.
You see, my shaggin wagon has an incredibley large rounded rear end that is resembeles "ghetto booty".
At 9:28 a.m.,
sara said…
My car's name is Samuel, and if anyone tells you his name is something else, don't believe them.
At 12:03 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
I call my mum's Volvo "Fatima's Big V". Lame, I know.
Volvo rocks. My mum and I were in an accident last year, and let's say, we hardly had any noticeable damage, but the other car's hood came off and was all smashed up and stuff.
Oops.
But yeah..if you value your life...Volvo for life :P
(so cheesy)
However, my brother's sporty red Lexus (which I drive more) is called my "Wannabe Ferrari" coz I zoom around in it. I love that rush.
At 4:37 p.m.,
'liya said…
Fu: I'm not a Napoleon Dynamite fan (I actually haven't seen it) because V loves that movie and everything the he loves I know I'll hate - so I don't understand! But Lafawnduh definitely sounds like a car with a big rear lol.
Sara: Hmmm what would someone else say it is? I have a feeling there's an interesting story behind his name - am I right?!
Fatima: What's with South Africans and Volvos!? Practically everyone in my family has one - not that I'm complaining, but I'm just curious! So what colour is Fatima Big V? My grandfather's Volvo is bright red and it looks amazing :)
At 4:38 p.m.,
'liya said…
Um, by "amazing" I mean I don't mean that it's better than VVV...can't hurt VVV's feelings!
At 6:01 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
i miss my first car....i named it Nzu....it was such a cute car..and so wha i thought a cute name....so wit my new car i thought bout namin it Nzu the II...but it would take away from the first one...so this one is Uka...lol...dun ask....mayb wit my next car ill have a name that means suttin....by tha way i love my new car...i cant let Uka get jealous of Nzu...
At 10:51 a.m.,
Solz said…
some realy kewl names. my car is called the beemer thts cos its a bmw and well ihad 2 cars so called them beemer n merc lol but dads taken the merc back so its just the beemer with me
and i agree u build a strong relationship with ur car. its ur company wereever u go
At 12:22 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
I suppose SA's just love safety huh ;P
My Big V is a champagne metallic.
:)
Red is hot :P
At 10:26 p.m.,
Asmaa said…
I have a silly name for my car. I call it TTC.
At 10:33 a.m.,
mezba said…
First of all you have very smart students. Volvo 940 is a great car.
I was in love with my Corolla. It went to 375,000 km before it died. Oh I was heart broken. However, surprisingly, it died just two weeks after I bought my new car.
So, maybe, it was heart broken at my betrayal?
At 3:37 p.m.,
mezba said…
lol @ Asmaa's comment.
TTC = Take The Car
At 4:12 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
there was no boy u must be raving.
At 7:34 p.m.,
'liya said…
Samia: Those are interesting names! Now how did you come up with them? Must be another interesting story :D
Solz: The names for your cars aren't nearly as creative or unique as Samia's :D
Fatima: Hmm I think your Big V and my silver VVV would make a nice couple (mine is a boy)!
Asmaa: Refer to Mezba's comment!
Mezba: They know their cars better than they know their school work!
Anonymous: I didn't know what you were talking about until I read my post over and thought OMG is this anonymous person actually Leila?! Nah, not possible - she's dead. And I never rave :)
At 3:24 a.m.,
Saaleha Idrees Bamjee said…
I feel like a bad parent, I haven't named my car yet and I've had it since June.
hmmm...i tentatively christen thee, CAB (Chevy Aveo Bamjee), yes yes, not incredibly original, but it'll do for now.
At 2:58 p.m.,
zee said…
i havent named mine yet...
At 3:34 p.m.,
'liya said…
Saaleha: CAB reminds me of a taxi! Don't be a bad parent and give your child a name he/she will regret! lol
Zee: What are you waiting for?! :D
Post a Comment
<< Home