Intro to the holidays..
Haha.. you know you love your job too much when you're NOT really looking forward to the 2 week break...
Maybe I just feel good because I got a bunch of presents and cards and I didn't expect to get anything. I never gave any of my teachers Christmas presents in high school - that's kids stuff no? But I'm not complaining :)
I am a little annoyed that RIS started today when most high school students are still at school. If you want to interest young people into attending these things then you've got to take into consideration the fact that many of them have school on Friday December 22nd. And most of them will go to school. Even if it's just to skip class and hang out with their friends.
And on that note I should mention that almost all my students showed up to class.
I think I'm a pretty good teacher :D
Maybe I just feel good because I got a bunch of presents and cards and I didn't expect to get anything. I never gave any of my teachers Christmas presents in high school - that's kids stuff no? But I'm not complaining :)
I am a little annoyed that RIS started today when most high school students are still at school. If you want to interest young people into attending these things then you've got to take into consideration the fact that many of them have school on Friday December 22nd. And most of them will go to school. Even if it's just to skip class and hang out with their friends.
And on that note I should mention that almost all my students showed up to class.
I think I'm a pretty good teacher :D
10 Comments:
At 6:48 p.m.,
Squeeky said…
Assalaamu Alaikum :)
I'm going to miss my students in the next couple of weeks :( I also received gifts ... Eid gifts haha so cute masha'Allah.
Have a grrreat break!
At 7:39 p.m.,
'liya said…
Squeeky: Haha it's expected that elementary school teachers get presents!
At 7:40 p.m.,
'liya said…
Oh are you going to RIS?
At 8:14 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
i think your a pretty good looking teacher ;)
At 2:54 a.m.,
Anonymous said…
It's a plan liya. We all know high school kids can be a bit immature (hehe).. so we want them to come on Saturday where their parents can keep an eye on them.
Meanwhile, the field is clear for the university students.......
At 2:55 a.m.,
Anonymous said…
It's a plan liya. We all know high school kids can be a bit immature (hehe).. so we want them to come on Saturday where their parents can keep an eye on them.
Meanwhile, the field is clear for the university students.......
At 8:35 a.m.,
'liya said…
Anonymous: Um ok...
Mezba: It's a plan?! LOL well what about teachers who'd like to come?? What do you have to say about that!
At 2:06 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
you got cards and presents? Thats nice. I never did that for any of my teachers. Though, when one was retiring i bought him a HUGE card and got lots of people to sign it.
.. Its been awhile since i've blogged. So i was scanning down your previous posts. I'm gonna go see "wicked" soon. Well, in February, up in NY. My hubby's present to me is a trip for me AND MY SISTER to go see it. Isnt that sweet? i cant believe he's even paying for my sister.
At 12:20 a.m.,
Anonymous said…
you didnt answer my question
At 12:48 a.m.,
'liya said…
Becky: Yeah that's why I was so touched when I got stuff because really nobody does that so much in high school!
You'll LOVE Wicked! That's a really nice present for both of you! Actually the movie is kinda about sisters. Or best friends. So perfect! Let me know what you thought of it afterwards!
Anonymous: I don't see a question anywhere...
Post a Comment
<< Home