To my pen, forgive me for typing..

The musings of a pilly ... Somewhat of a daily blog about my life and whatever.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Through Fat and Thin

You know what's really great? Knowing that your friends will be there through fat and thin. NOT.

The following is quoted from an MSN conversation one late Christmasy Dec 25th evening:

Beach Bum... home to play in the snow (a.k.a SARA) says: i'm not going to be ur friend if u get fat okay?

Hehe Sara, I know you were just joking. Right??!

On the subject of fatness, I ate practically both whole boxes of the cookies Sara brought me back from SA. I couldn't help it. Those cookies, ahem biscuits, are the best in the world! But anyways, I'm now on what we call the Super 'liya Diet. That means SHOPPING. Shopping means walking-through-malls. Walkin-through-malls means my legs are in motion. Legs-in-motion means no cookie bits sticking to my thighs.

Shopping was good today. I bought two things that I had my eye on for quite awhile. I'm happy :)

P.S Samia told me that Boxing Day doesn't exist in the States. That's sad. Very sad. Any Americans out there reading my blog - you don't know what you're missing!

P.P.S To anyone who celebrated Christmas yesterday, I hope you had a great day! And for anyone celebrating Eid.. well it's coming so make the most of the sales now :D

15 Comments:

  • At 12:12 a.m., Blogger Asmaa said…

    Fat people are jolly. I mean, look at Ina Garten from Barefoot Contessa. That woman looks HAPPY, and I'm sure her BMI isn't quite as low as it should be ;)

     
  • At 2:19 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Boxing Day was crazy. I went to Future Shop first, for a wireless headset, memory, ipod, etc. People were basically just grabbing anything they could get their hands on. Then went to Best Buy. Saw the line. Decided to leave. CTV was interviewing people as they came out...

    God one day I actually want to go shopping. Americans, one more reason to move to Canada.

     
  • At 10:39 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I miss getting Boxing Day as a holiday. But aside from food, I find most things are cheaper in the states. And theres no boxing day here, but the day after Thanksgiving and well the entire week after (like Boxing week) has even better deals than Boxing day in Canada. Some of my friends that have also moved to the States even refuse to go shopping on Boxing day b/c they are like I can get it cheaper in the states still. Got to love those outlet malls :)

     
  • At 11:24 a.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Asmaa: I've heard that saying a lot lol. Yeah I suppose and Santa Claus certainly seems jolly! But some fat people are just mean.. oh wait but some thin people are quite mean too :S

    Mezba: We can tell that you're such a guy since you obviously went the electronics route while I chose to go in for the clothing :D

    Ahmed: Then why do so many people come up here to shop?! No offense but some of those outlet malls suck.. (from a buying clothing only point of view) especially the ones in Niagara and Buffulo (which are the only ones I've been to) :D

     
  • At 3:21 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Heyyy you said u would let me try those cookies!!!! I knew you wouldnt be able to hold off!!

     
  • At 5:14 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sara is also mean to me and says that my fingers are probably too fat to type. :(

    I know i've put on a lil bit.. but not THAT much. i'm not in a "homer wearing a mumu" state yet.

    i've actually gone back to raw food veganism.. i'm on day 1.. lets see if i can make it past 5 this time. haha.

    its not the new year yet so i wont update etc till then.. but thought i should say hello.

    i'm also sad coz sara didnt bring me a box of cookies/biscuits even though i requested SOMETHING. hmpfh.

     
  • At 5:54 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is true, I think I went to the one near Niagara a long time ago and didn't like it. But I like the ones in Conneticut and New Jersey. Particularly NJ since there's no tax. I've got some goood deals at Banana Republic, Puma, Perry Ellis, Ralph Lauren, some other random stores but those are the places I usually find stuff. Most things I get end up getting are like 40-50% off.

     
  • At 7:37 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 7:40 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Agent: I have exactly ONE left which I'm saving for YOU. You'll get it tomorrow! (You know you could have said something reassuring like "you're not getting fat" but no you don't even acknowledge that at all! - we'll discuss this in detail tomorrow. For now I'll just try to feel good that you at least commented!)

    Fu: Thanks for stopping in to say hello! I WOULD offer you a box but as you can see I've eaten most.. and the single lonely cookie I have left is for V - if he doesn't get it then I'll never hear the end of it! Good luck getting past 5 days... though you might want to start with that plan after Eid :D
    P.S I think SA makes people mean. Must be something in the ocean air around Cape Town!

    Ahmed: Then maybe it's because I don't shop at any of those stores you just mentioned! Although a Puma store sounds kinda interesting (only shoe-wise though because I'm not really into athletic clothes). The last time I was in New Jersey was about 10 years ago.. to visit family, who I must add lived in one of the biggest houses I've ever been in.. they've since then moved back to SA. Why does everyone here move back to South Africa? Must be the cookies..

    .. oh and I've never been to Conneticut. I assume you live around there? :D

     
  • At 11:52 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes, Puma is only good for shoes. Same with Lacoste (the shirts aren't priced down much). There are many other stores, guess, gap, american eagle, etc. But whatever, bottom line, stuff on sale anywhere is fun :)

    I'm in working in nyc, living in brooklyn.

     
  • At 6:20 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    lol @ NOT .. reminds me of the Borat movie ..

     
  • At 12:29 a.m., Blogger Squeeky said…

    Assalaamu Alaikum :)

    haha I'm liking the sound of this diet ... I'm going to try it out myself :) Boxing Day shopping was great! Though what I really wanted was not available to me *sniff* I'll get over it in due time ...
    oh, who am I kidding! I'm still weeping at night for it *cries* tee hee

     
  • At 11:06 a.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Ahmed: "bottom line, stuff on sale anywhere is fun" - yes! :D

    Nabeel: I haven't seen that movie yet - so I don't get it lol. I'm not sure if I want to see it though because of everything I've heard about it. Though I am curious to see for myself... hmm.

    Squeeky: Haha you're too funny :D Don't let it keep you awake too late.. or maybe that's a good idea because then you can dream about it being yours! .. or you could just do the normal thing and go buy it! P.S Some things are on sale even if they don't say so.. like when I was so pleasantly surprised with the shirt I bought that was 50% off even though I thought it was still at regular price.. I had been eyeing it for too long and just had to get it :)

     
  • At 4:31 p.m., Blogger sara said…

    i was serious about that, i really won't be your friend anymore if u get fat. That's why i didn't bring Fuad ANYTHING from SA, fat people don't deserve presents :P LOL! Okay, I hope it's obvious that i'm NOT BEING THE LEAST BIT SERIOUS!!!! If anyone got fat this year, it's me! I can't believe the tummy I grew in SA! And I was gone from Canada for just over 9 months, people here are going to think I went to SA to have a baby and I haven't lost the tummy!!!!! I think I'm scared to buy things, it took me till yesterday and today to really shop, despite going to the mall several times since boxing day! I'm curious to know what kind of sales Best Buy and Future Shop had, anyone know?

     
  • At 5:10 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Sara: LOL that does seem a little suspicious.. 9 months and all. But um I didn't see a tummy so if you had the baby there then don't worry because you've lost all the added pregnancy weight!

    (oh and um if you had a baby there and came here without it then you're not a very good mommy..good mommys don't leave their babies halfway across the world and then go out and enjoy themselves in lovely Canada)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home