To my pen, forgive me for typing..

The musings of a pilly ... Somewhat of a daily blog about my life and whatever.

Monday, January 01, 2007

'06

The main event: leaving the "ivory towers" - only to go back to high school. The end result of four years of working towards changing seats in the classroom... from student to teacher. Therefore 2006 became a year of accomplishment.

It's the year I found out what the term "dream school" means - and also the year I got to experience working in one. They say the year of your first class is one you'll always remember especially if you've got "characters," and man, what a memorable bunch of students I have. I couldn't be happier.

It's the year I got my car back... my new best friend who runs on four wheels - a fabulous silver box that wants to take me anywhere I want - providing daddy fills it with gas. I made friends, lost friends, forgot friends, re-united with friends, and came to realize that those who are there for me were always there for me from the start. Just like my trusted Volvo.

In 2006 I came to realize that the man and woman who brought me into this world are two very special people who understand that my happiness includes sacrificing the safety and comfort of what they expected life to bring - but so be it ... and I appreciate what they do and have done for me more than words can ever tell. My family makes me proud. My family makes me.

This was the year I fell in love with the same guy I've been falling in love with every day for the past too many years. Is that even possible? But everything wasn't all perfect. It was the year of challenges. Challenges met and new ones to face tomorrow. And I love him now and I love him tomorrow.

Alhumdulillah, what a year... in fact, the best year of my life so far...

And now 2007 holds so many promises... InshAllah. May God grant all of us another beautiful year and help us to become the best people that we can. I feel good. Really good.

18 Comments:

  • At 12:41 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Belated Eid Mubarak to you and your family!! Sounds like you had a wonderful 2006! Inshallah all your hopes and dreams for 2007 will come true! :) Take care!

     
  • At 1:14 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy New Year 2007 and Eid Mubarak. Looks like you are full of optimism for the new year, and may all the dreams be true.

     
  • At 2:39 a.m., Blogger Saaleha Idrees Bamjee said…

    :)
    may you have a brilliant 2K7.

     
  • At 11:53 a.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Shireen, Mezba, & Saaleha: Thanks guys! I hope you all had a great Eid and all the best for the new year too!

     
  • At 12:10 p.m., Blogger sara said…

    Aww liya, i like this posting!

     
  • At 3:39 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy New Years and Eid Mubarak!

     
  • At 3:50 p.m., Blogger Asmaa said…

    Ameen to your dua. I hope the future holds even more blessings for you and all of us :)

     
  • At 10:34 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    happy new year.

    your third paragraph could make for a really good car ad.

     
  • At 10:42 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy New Year and Eid Mubarak liya!....well sounds like ur having a wonderful start to 2007....i was too until work today....=/..let me tell u some ppl jus like to b miserable to make other ppls lives miserable...but otha than that...2007 is goin good so far....i hope that u get everythin u could possibly want in this upcomin year and its filled wit happiness and blessings....=)....

     
  • At 10:54 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    :) happy eid new years belated.

    nice post

     
  • At 11:23 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Sara: Thanks, I really liked typing it!

    Ahmed: Same to you :)

    Asmaa: InshAllah! :D

    Umar: Haha maybe!

    Samia: Same to you! Don't worry, it can only get better right?

    Fu: Yay you're back to blogging :D

     
  • At 1:50 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HAPPY EID!
    HAPPY NEW YEARS!

    hope you have a fantastic year ahead...and yes...i wanna see the diamond that you do choose :P

    Volvo...where will we be without our Volvo's :)

     
  • At 2:06 p.m., Blogger Squeeky said…

    Assalaamu Alaikum :)

    Happy New Years!!
    Aww, masha'Allah, 2006 was such a lovely year for you. I can only pray that 2007 will surround you with just as much happiness insha'Allah ;)

     
  • At 8:27 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad to read that you are grateful :) .. that was so sweet what you said about falling in love with the same guy i fall in love with everyday :) ..

    I hope this year brings peace .. i know it wont but just praying for it.

     
  • At 9:45 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Fatima: I'll definitely put up a picture of it as soon as I get it... hint hint to the person who SHOULD be reading this, AS SOON AS I GET IT lol.

    Squeeky: Aww, and the same to you!

    Nabeel: It's true.. I do.. everyday! hehe. Anyways, I wish this year would bring peace too... that would be the best thing anyone could hope for. Unfortunately we know that the world is only getting and will continue to get worse.. maybe that's why I also fall in love with the same guy everyday - it's MY peace.

     
  • At 3:55 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Liya...hope you get it soon.
    Btw, my bday post wasn't done when I posted it.
    There's still more to read :P

     
  • At 11:01 p.m., Blogger M&M said…

    Happy Belated Eid

    and Ameen to all your dreams and prayers Inshallah.

     
  • At 12:47 a.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Fatima: Just checked it again! So, what's this, you have a secret admirer? Aww :) Hehe.. any ideas of who it could be yet?

    M&M: Thank you :) Same to you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home