The Super 'Liya Diet
As I type this post, Sara is packing up her bags to head back to South Africa. Canada will miss her. I'll miss her. Aritzia will miss her too...

I'll take over at Aritzia now :D
3 more days till the break is over... *Sigh.* I just don't know where the time has gone. I've been out almost every single day and the days when I was home I was quite busy doing nothing. And now I'm sick. Ugh. Sore throat. Yuck. I still have to plan a culminating activity for my class that's supposed to be worth 15% of their total mark. Yikes. Thank God I finished making up the exam before the break. But can't think about that right now. We all know I'll leave everything for the last minute as always. It works!
So anyways let's talk about something nice and friendly. Like a shopping mall. I think I'm doing a good job of sticking to the Super 'Liya Diet. We walked around Vaughan Mills today. It was only our second time being there (in over 1.5 years) so it was fun exploring again. My new years resolution is to stick to my diet and so far I think I'm doing quite well. It was as tempting as anything to pass by the ice cream stores but I was strong. Even though every bone in my little body was crying out to try a new flavour, I held my ground. Geez, how many ice cream places are in that mall anyway! It seems like at every corner we'd turn, there would be another one.

I think V's pretending to be a stop sign in this picture I took in the food court. And he thought it was dumb that Sara and I took pictures in the mall. Boys are so weird.
And now I'll end this meaningless post with a picture of me and my old lover. I mean, my old locker. In case you haven't noticed, I can get very attached to things :D

I had to stop by York to meet V, who had classes today (haha!) before we could head to the mall. It sucked seeing all the changes done in the Fine Arts building though. And what's with the changes at the Bramalea GO Station? I didn't even know where to park my car! It didn't feel like the York I knew. At least my old lover, I mean locker, was still the same ... even though it has a new partner in life/art now, it still smells like the oil paint I left inside for over a month. But what can we do? Change happens. Paint dries. It peels. And soon the canvas is tucked away and forgotten.
I seem to be taking a lot of pictures lately. I think I should focus more on my diet. My ice cream craving is SO bad. And the apple I'm eating right now just doesn't seem to do it justice.
P.S. At York I tried to do my best to look like a student and fit in :D

I'll take over at Aritzia now :D
3 more days till the break is over... *Sigh.* I just don't know where the time has gone. I've been out almost every single day and the days when I was home I was quite busy doing nothing. And now I'm sick. Ugh. Sore throat. Yuck. I still have to plan a culminating activity for my class that's supposed to be worth 15% of their total mark. Yikes. Thank God I finished making up the exam before the break. But can't think about that right now. We all know I'll leave everything for the last minute as always. It works!
So anyways let's talk about something nice and friendly. Like a shopping mall. I think I'm doing a good job of sticking to the Super 'Liya Diet. We walked around Vaughan Mills today. It was only our second time being there (in over 1.5 years) so it was fun exploring again. My new years resolution is to stick to my diet and so far I think I'm doing quite well. It was as tempting as anything to pass by the ice cream stores but I was strong. Even though every bone in my little body was crying out to try a new flavour, I held my ground. Geez, how many ice cream places are in that mall anyway! It seems like at every corner we'd turn, there would be another one.

I think V's pretending to be a stop sign in this picture I took in the food court. And he thought it was dumb that Sara and I took pictures in the mall. Boys are so weird.
And now I'll end this meaningless post with a picture of me and my old lover. I mean, my old locker. In case you haven't noticed, I can get very attached to things :D

I had to stop by York to meet V, who had classes today (haha!) before we could head to the mall. It sucked seeing all the changes done in the Fine Arts building though. And what's with the changes at the Bramalea GO Station? I didn't even know where to park my car! It didn't feel like the York I knew. At least my old lover, I mean locker, was still the same ... even though it has a new partner in life/art now, it still smells like the oil paint I left inside for over a month. But what can we do? Change happens. Paint dries. It peels. And soon the canvas is tucked away and forgotten.
I seem to be taking a lot of pictures lately. I think I should focus more on my diet. My ice cream craving is SO bad. And the apple I'm eating right now just doesn't seem to do it justice.
P.S. At York I tried to do my best to look like a student and fit in :D
18 Comments:
At 10:30 a.m.,
Anonymous said…
man, i missing having school break long vacations. I also missing being in university.....not really waterloo....but just student life and learning as well.
At 11:27 a.m.,
Anonymous said…
So at last we get to see you (for those that don't know you personally).
I had a 3 week Christmas/New Year vacation and didn't know what day it was this week when we went for movies! It was Tuesdays and at first I was thinking maybe the cashier made a mistake by handing me more change than I deserved.
At 1:07 p.m.,
Squeeky said…
Assalaamu Alaikum :)
Aww haha we're so similar it's weird! I went to the mall yesterday as well and stopped by to do some grocery shopping. I must have gazed at the ice cream section for such a long time and when I went to my mom empty handed, she kept making fun of me that I only went there to look :S Bad cravings.
And I miss my locker at York too! The one I had in first year, CLH, where there are no lockers anymore :( I think I even took a picture of me and where the ghost locker used to be ... we must move on 'liya! We are not Yorkie Dorkies anymore :( (btw, I love your York sweatshirt) Enjoy the rest of the holidays!!!!
At 2:08 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
Walking the mall really is a great way to get some exercise. Especially when its too cold outside to walk around the neighborhood. I was just at the mall today. Okay, so i did some shopping. But a lot of just walking too.
And since i take erica with me, i have to push the stroller which helps build more muscle, right? maybe...
the only problem w/ that is when she gets cranky and sick of being in the stroller, she squirms and kicks and grumbles. So, sometimes my ventures are cut short. Ah well...
Good luck with the Super 'Liya Diet!
At 2:56 p.m.,
'liya said…
Ahmed: Haha, so now you're a boring working adult! Just kidding, I know what you mean. Actually no I don't! There's student life and learning at my school so I get the same thing everday :D
Mezba: Must have been a nice feeling to get back more change! I've always had a problem remembering days/dates in the holidays. And it's weird because when I go back to teaching I'm going to be writing the date on the board every day. Which reminds me I'll now have to erase the permanent 2006 and put a 2007 :S
Squeeky: Haha, you can only see so little of my sweater in the picture but the fact that you knew what it was shows you're STILL a "Yorkie Dorkie!"
In my first year before they removed them I used to have a locker in CLH too! But it was so puny compared to my big-enough-to- fit-a-painting locker in F.Arts. We need to move on... :D
Becky: Pushing the stroller is definitely a plus. When my brother was a baby I'd always push him around the mall (he was heavy) .. no wonder I had muscles back then! Not to mention when he'd want to walk.. and would then run.. and I'd have to chase him! It was like gym class :D
At 4:00 p.m.,
M&M said…
lol funny post. good luck with the super 'liya diet
and since I finally saw a picture of you, no wonder some people mistake u for a student, though a high school student would still be kinda stretching it.
and ya the break just flew by for me too.
- a yorkie dorkie lol.
At 6:35 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
At 8:00 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
first off....why tha hell are u on a super diet ??..have u seen urself in those pics?!?!....if u want to do nethin..jus go work out..and get toned..but there is no reason for u to diet...!!...so stop it....lol...and time has flown by..my mom was gone for 3 weeks and she came back 2 days ago...and it seemed like she was hardly even gone...its nice to have her back tho ..now i can actually have food in tha house..lol...and i miss Uni too....more the lifestyle...and freedom...but im glad to b growin up...even tho im feelin old...its not soo bad nemore tho....=)..
At 9:18 p.m.,
'liya said…
M&M: .."though a high school student would still be kinda stretching it" - I love you! LOL my trying to "look like a student" comment was mean to be funny because I didn't have to try. But I thank you from the bottem of my heart for not putting me on the same appearance level as the students I teach :D
Samia: My stupid sister enticed me with two cupcakes leftover from the birthday party she went to - so I gave in, but only for a few minutes! I'm going to start right back up with my diet RIGHT NOW! I can't stop because my new year's resolution is to lose weight (and I can't break my resolution so early, the first week of January hasn't even finished!)
At 12:05 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
hey... i was next door playing scattegories until 1am.
At 8:58 p.m.,
M&M said…
lol np.
n as someone above me mentioned u so do not need to lose weight. so just dont over indulge n its all good ;)
At 11:20 p.m.,
'liya said…
Umar: Really?! Bet you didn't know which side I lived on - unless you noticed my much-talked-about-on-my-blog Volvo parked in the driveway :D
BTW be careful around here because someone is posing as a police officer in my neighbourhood. An undercover officer came yesterday to ask if my family had seen anything suspicious. My mom called Eleni's mom to confirm that the officer that came to ask questions was in fact an officer (and not the person in question lol).
M&M: I think we can just say that the 'Liya Super Diet was one big flop since I went to a family party this evening and ate a big huge bowl of ice cream... Wait, I never give up! I'm going to OFFICIALLY start the diet on Monday! - Yeah that's it :D
At 11:57 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
yeah, he came knocking on her door too. we thought it was one of the other guests who hadn't arrived yet.
eleni's mom called the police station to check the badge #... just to be sure the guy at the door wasn't the imposter. frankly, the only thing everyone was concerned about was having our cars ticketed on the street.
oh, and i looked for the volvo but i didn't see it.
At 12:18 a.m.,
Anonymous said…
btw.. i just emailed you something
At 12:43 a.m.,
'liya said…
Umar: You didn't see my Volvo! Hmmm. At least the imposter police officer didn't "pretend" ticket your cars hehe (I don't think cars get ticketed around here unless they're on the street for more than 24 hours anyway).
I just checked my email - thanks! I emailed you back :D
At 3:29 a.m.,
sara said…
Liya, you should see how short my ponytail is now!!!!!!! My hair is even shorter than yours after my haircut!!!! But i'm so glad i tracked down my stylist while I was in Canada, my locks needed a major trim!
At 11:14 p.m.,
'liya said…
Clairissa: Hmm pictures more often... I'll try! But sometimes when I take my camera with me to like the mall V complains that I'm acting like a tourist :S
Sara: Really??? I told you not to go short, you had such pretty long hair! Speaking of pictures, post one on your blog so I can see. OR, send me the picture that you're supposed to. You know which one.
At 6:49 a.m.,
'liya said…
Clairissa: Or maybe I could take pictures will my cell and pretend I'm talking to another boy! LOL :D
Post a Comment
<< Home