Pink with green tips :)
On the second page of the main section of Sunday's Toronto Star, there was a large picture of some punk kid chalking up the wall during Saturday's anti-war rally. Well, I was at that rally yesterday, and I SAW that punk kid with the bright blue hair (an unforgettable face and hairstyle) and, from all my shots of her with chalk-in-action, only the end result from my collection seemed good enough to post:

All my other pictures truly sucked.
Another interesting sight was this silent observer who was listening to the speeches just in front of us, and then joined in the march:

If you've seen V for Vendetta, you'd understand how fitting it was for him to "be present" (that's the guy in the pic above, not MY V). Other interesting people were there too - such as my sister's history teacher - who came up to her to say hello. How cool is that?!
It was a cold day, but it was a good day, and being there was well worth it. This was the first time V (mine, not the guy above!) accompanied me to one of these events and I loved his company. He seemed to enjoy storming down Yonge Street with a sign saying "NO NUKES" in his hand :D
Question to readers: If you were one like the kid mentioned above, what colour would YOU dye your hair? Be creative! I'd go for bright pink with green tips.. not just any pink, but a beautiful bright hot Barbie pink. And lime green!
P.S V took the picture of the real V. Sorry if this post caused any confusion :S
All my other pictures truly sucked.
Another interesting sight was this silent observer who was listening to the speeches just in front of us, and then joined in the march:
If you've seen V for Vendetta, you'd understand how fitting it was for him to "be present" (that's the guy in the pic above, not MY V). Other interesting people were there too - such as my sister's history teacher - who came up to her to say hello. How cool is that?!
It was a cold day, but it was a good day, and being there was well worth it. This was the first time V (mine, not the guy above!) accompanied me to one of these events and I loved his company. He seemed to enjoy storming down Yonge Street with a sign saying "NO NUKES" in his hand :D
Question to readers: If you were one like the kid mentioned above, what colour would YOU dye your hair? Be creative! I'd go for bright pink with green tips.. not just any pink, but a beautiful bright hot Barbie pink. And lime green!
P.S V took the picture of the real V. Sorry if this post caused any confusion :S
20 Comments:
At 12:18 a.m.,
Abigail S said…
I actually did dye my hair red once. RED-red. Crayon red. Ronald McDonald red. Totally a mistake... But it did grow on me. Though once it started to grow out and show my roots (over an inch), I had it professionally fixed. Took 2 visits and several hundred dollars. Augh!
I just bought V for Vendetta this weekend. Great movie!
At 2:08 a.m.,
FU said…
lol
i went through a phase of a multitude of hair colors...
i had electric blue hair as well.. it faded very quickly... light blue... pale blue... blue green... green... then white (the color they bleached my hair to)
i looked like an old man that summer.
At 4:25 a.m.,
Anonymous said…
What an interesting post!
The guy with the V for Vendetta outfit makes it seem so adventurous!
:)
At 7:26 a.m.,
Becky L said…
i LOVE v for vendetta. very good movie.
dying my hair??? unlike my sister [abigail s], i dont think i'd ever dye my hair. i'm quite happy with it. but, just for the question's sake-- perhaps purple, like a fuchsia shade
At 9:52 a.m.,
mezba said…
I would have gone to this march if not for the Bangladesh-India game on the same day. No, wouldn't have coloured my hair or anything, but would have held a large sign saying IRAQ - In Retrospect Another Quagmire" <--- I made that up btw.
At 10:37 a.m.,
sara said…
Remember when my hair had hot pink highlights and then purple ones?! I wanna do that again! Perhaps I should before my wedding?!!?!?!? Haha!
At 5:59 p.m.,
'liya said…
Abigail: If RED-red is also 'little mermaid red' then that must have been gorgeous! I've always loved bright red hair, and although in reality I'd be scared to change my hair any colour, if it could be anything it would be red.
Fu: Wow, I never would have thought! And I can't picture you with bleached white hair!.. the changing colour makes it seem like mood hair.. you know, like those changing colour mood rings? Did you feel like a rainbow? :D
Taqdeer: Him being there did make it seem more of an adventure and also a little dangerous! When I first saw the movie I found the mask a bit scary but after watching it too many times I became used to it. He never did take the mask of though.. hmmm...
Becky: Hmm purple, I think one of them did have purple. If you had purple, I'd suggest adding some silver spikes! The movie is great, I can't wait to show it to my students because it fits perfectly with what we're studying! I assume you watched your sister's new buy? :)
Mezba: No no, you don't HAVE to colour your hair, just pretend you were friends with the kid, what colour would your 'pretend' hair be?! (all her friend's had quite interesting colours but hers was most interesting because it was in two little ponytails)
Sara: I remember when you did that and remember seeing a picture (which looked pretty!) but I never got to see it in person! If you did that for your wedding you'd really give people something to talk about lol.
At 6:40 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
I like what Mezba's sign would have said. My sign would say 'pray for Palestine.'
I've never seen V for Vendetta, but heard it's a must-see movie.
- Bilqis
At 7:30 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
It's encouraging to see people still attending anti-war rallies...I think a lot of people over here have just given up.
Thanks for the interesting pictures!
At 9:03 p.m.,
'liya said…
Bilqis: I like yours and Mezba's sign ideas! - there was one that really caught my eye and I think I even took a picture of it but I can't remember and I'm too lazy to check. Definitely see the movie, I think you'll really enjoy it.. it's not your average movie..
Unique Muslimah: A lot of people everywhere have given up. The crowd was really disappointing... but like I say, it was better than nothing - can't give up all hope right?! :)
At 2:26 a.m.,
Anonymous said…
I'd love bright pink with purple stars in them.
P.S. Check my blog..you've been tagged :P
At 2:30 a.m.,
Anonymous said…
I forgot to mention that I LOVE V for Vendetta. It was my favourite movie last year. I copied V's entire opening lines on paper and did my own thing on my blog (I think you read that post).
At 10:36 a.m.,
Anonymous said…
You're absolutely right sis, may Allah help us. Love the title of your blog btw! :)
At 11:43 a.m.,
Nauman said…
That's not the real V! The real V died in the explosion on Parliament at the end of the movie... and if that was the real V, he'd have long hair, a cape and a much cooler Guy Fawkes mask than what this imposter is wearing.
You guys should have done what the real V did: "I blew up the Old Bailey..." :)
At 6:46 p.m.,
'liya said…
Fatima: Hmm, how do you get stars in it? Like confetti stars? I think I did read that post of yours. And I replied to your tag in your comments because I'm too lazy to do a post about it :D
Unique Muslimah: Thanks! Welcome to my blog! :)
Nauman: *sigh* you know what I mean! Anyways, he looked pretty real to me. I wonder who was behind the mask...
At 7:04 p.m.,
AKA said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
At 7:05 p.m.,
AKA said…
Though the turnout may have been disappointing, it's nice to see that you are still optimistic. I think many people are frustrated with the war and the news we hear about everyday. But you're absolutely right - we can't give up hope, because if we do, then they've really won.
V for Vendetta was a great movie. I loved the way it was set in the future, but nothing had changed (except for the UK being the 'superpower' instead of the US).
Been reading your blog for awhile and thought I'd finally come out of hiding and comment :)
Sorry for the previous deleted post - somehow deleted part of my comment! (Oh and I'll second the purple hair!)
At 9:02 p.m.,
'liya said…
Aka: I just checked out your own blog and you know what's funny, I've read your blog a couple of times before but I don't remember through who or how I got there. Since you came out of hiding, I'll be doing the same quite shortly :D
At 7:17 a.m.,
Anonymous said…
haha...i'm behind the mask!
(i wish it were true!)
At 12:46 p.m.,
'liya said…
Fatima: LOL well I certainly hope not, especially since the person has a very manly figure! hehe :D
Post a Comment
<< Home