To my pen, forgive me for typing..

The musings of a pilly ... Somewhat of a daily blog about my life and whatever.

Friday, March 23, 2007

My VisualDNA

VisualDNA - what is it? Simply choose from a range of pictures in various categories that best appeal to you. It's amazing how true your end result will be. I've seen this on a couple of blogs lately and I think it's the cutest thing. Now it's my turn.

Read MY VisualDNA by moving your mouse over the images below...



... do the images seem like an accurate portrayal of me?

I now tag ALL my readers to create their own personal visual portrayal (bloggers and nonbloggers alike) - I look forward to reading everyone's .. have fun!

43 Comments:

  • At 8:14 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    that's adorably adorable! but how do us nonbloggers make one? i want to make one too!

     
  • At 9:30 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Anonymous: Hmmmm ..I never really thought of that - well you can still make one, only we don't get to see it I guess? :S

     
  • At 10:33 p.m., Blogger Becky L said…

    i've done this; its posted somewhere at "Just another quick ?"

    For love, i used the picture of an adult holding a baby's hand. The mother in me just melts at that

     
  • At 12:27 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    that was so cute..and so true...okay so i am
    -Sofisticat
    -Escape Artist
    -New Wave Puritan
    -Nice N' Cheesy

    im mad about the title of tha last one even tho it is true...lol...

     
  • At 12:46 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Humph the thing that excites you is an art pallet! I'm insulted

     
  • At 1:08 a.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Becky: Man, I KNEW it seemed so familiar! Wow, you had it a long time ago and it's only recently that I saw it again somewhere and decided to blog about it. I meant to copy it from you ages ago and had forgotten where I saw it :S

    Samia: Hehe, I know, isn't it cute?! I like how it's set up and the descriptions at the end in the book form. I had a hard time choosing images! Don't worry, Nice N'Cheesy sounds cute too lol :D

    Agent: I would have chosen the picture of the naked hugging couple because it's the thought of being with you in the future that EXCITES me, but you're not in my best books right now. Plus, you're cheating in checkers. I hate you.

     
  • At 7:26 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What if "V" cheated on you on something more than checkers? ;P
    By the way, when are you getting married plus are you getting married to him?

     
  • At 8:58 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Anonymous: If you're trying to imply that he would cheat on ME, then you are severely wrong. HE WOULD NEVER CHEAT ON ME BECAUSE HE KNOWS IT'S DEATH PENALTY IF HE DOES!!! Just kidding, he wouldn't even think of it, but I don't want to talk about him right now. He's stupid and I hate him but yes I'm still going to marry him.

     
  • At 1:15 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am not! i'm a loving caring person even though you are unreasonable at times!!

     
  • At 9:10 a.m., Blogger Nauman said…

    I agree with Agent V: 'liya is an unreasonable person at times. :)

     
  • At 12:42 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hehe..cool.
    i think the visualDNA thing is right from what i've learnt about you in the past few months :P
    lol, i've also done mine.
    it's really quite a lot of fun!

     
  • At 1:16 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Did one! I'm a free rider:) Thanks for that sis!

     
  • At 5:44 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Agent: Well you sure weren't a loving caring person yesterday. Or the day before. Or the day before that. You've never commented twice on one post before, I bet you feel guilty for bringing me pain, hurt and suffering.
    P.S My students think you suck.

    Nauman: Shut up ... you.. you.. (yuck) boy! I can't believe you're sticking up for him when I clearly explained to you why I'm so mad! Humph!

    Fatima & Unique Muslimah: Yay! I'll be checking both yours out soon!

     
  • At 6:07 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey I think I know you from York! You were in Arts right? And you're dating that Hindu dude rite? Anywayz...cool blog!

     
  • At 6:33 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Anonymous: Yes I did go to York, but no I'm not dating no Hindu dude... :S

    Who are you?

     
  • At 8:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey, i was joking about the cheating/checkers thing.... but you didn't answer when exactly are you gettng married? and on that subject, how old exactly are you? (i don't mean to pry, i'm just curious)

     
  • At 9:43 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's simply the cutest!
    Perhaps I should start a blog of my own so I can create one to show off too? Have a sunny weekend hun!

    - Bilqis

     
  • At 9:49 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Heh, my results are the same as Samia :-)

    - Bilqis

     
  • At 10:25 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Eeks! I'm totally getting confused by all these anonymous comments... please guys, just make up any name if you don't want to provide your own...

    Anonymous: Yeah, well I figured you were joking. I was too. Or was I? Hehe.. Anyways, until I know more about YOU, I can't reveal anything else about me. It's only fair right?

    Bilqis: Start one! I'd love to read it! And it was gorgeous today! In fact, it was so beautiful that I almost gave in to a new pair of shoes... but I kept control and held back :)

     
  • At 10:45 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 10:51 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 11:58 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Agent: I think you miss me.

     
  • At 2:04 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I thought your V was hindu...and that's why ppl were all upset with you about how ur opinions shouldn't matter cause you're dating a non-muslim?

     
  • At 3:07 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Meena: Nope... he's not... actually I was just talking to him a few minutes ago and we were both wondering how you would come to the conclusion just by looking at him that he was Hindu in the first place (I assume the comment about going to York with me was from you)? Were we friends at York? I'm curious as to who you are...

     
  • At 10:10 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    umm, i went to york as well....you were in some of the same classes as me first and second year. one of my other friends knows you quite well....yasmin. lol about v...umm well lots of us thought he was hindu...cause well he just looks it! no offence intended!!! sooo....if v isn't hindu...then what is he?

     
  • At 11:15 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Meena: Oh wow, I don't really remember anyone from my first or second year lectures, they were so big! Aww I think you have the wrong person!! - unless were you in concurrent ed? What year is Yasmin in? I have a cousin named Yasmin, but that's it.

    I didn't know people could look Hindu lol :)

     
  • At 12:02 a.m., Blogger Abigail S said…

    I had SOOO much fun creating mine!

    It's a neat way to express yourself to others.

     
  • At 7:36 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    if v's not hindu...then what was everyone so mad at you about a few posts ago...about how u cant have people listen to your opinions because you are dating a non-muslim? just curious...

     
  • At 7:39 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Anonymous: I never said he was non-muslim... nobody ever did? Some just thought that because I'm in a relationship that I shouldn't have a say. Please tell me who you and Yasmin are, I'm really curious about that! If you don't want to tell me here you can email me...

     
  • At 7:41 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Abigail: Definitely - actually I couldn't believe that I forgot you and Becky had done this a long time ago ... I knew I had seen it somewhere!

     
  • At 5:34 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Anonymous: I'm still curious about who you are -it would be nice if you let me know, especially since I answered your questions, and especially since you said you were in some of my classes, and that your friend knows me well.. you can't leave me hanging... if your friend knows me well, doesn't she want to talk to me?

    You also said that "some of us" thought etc.. who exactly is "some of us"? I had no idea that strangers at York were so interested in my life, nor knew or cared who V was :)

     
  • At 4:59 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, sorry for not responding! My friend Yasmin knows you...but she's not exactly a fan of yours. I think she knows you from highschool. She says all you South African people are all stuck up and that you all think too much of yourselves. Also, that you are all seriously confused and think you're white...when in fact you're all brown ppl whether you wanna admit it or not. Says your always trying to make your bf more South African...and that you need to learn that YOU are NOT South African...your parents may be...but you are CANADIAN...so you should give up your proud South African shit. HER WORDS NOT MINE!!! I only know of you from york...you were in a couple of my classes. See ya!

     
  • At 6:56 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Meena: Oh wow, I sure hope this 'Yasmin' girl is not a friend of mine because she sure seems like one angry girl. Why is she so bitter? I feel badly for her... still don't know who you're talking about though! I only hope that one day she'll be able to open her mind to the many people and cultures that make up being Canadian. I'll spare you the whole teacher lecture since you say this girl is your 'friend'...

    I still don't know who you are, York is a really big university, how do you "know of me"? I don't think many of the same people were in more than one of my classes. And from all the people I met in Concurrent, none of them share the thoughts your friend does, at least I hope not, otherwise they wouldn't make very good teachers :S

     
  • At 11:33 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yo... what's wrong with being proud of your heritage??? liya don't listen to this chick's friend, she obviously has ISSUES!!!! please do us all a favour and make an entry about your great grandfather... people need to know about him otherwise we're going to have people like meena and yasmeen for too long. when people make statements like 'you think your're white and not brown' then you got to wonder if aparthied meant anything or if wer're still living in that era. do us all a favour and say something about him. u have an amazing family and so much to be proud of [overseas and on home ground]. and on this topic did u tell your class about him? i remember u were saying u were going to give them a lesson on south african history. go for it girl!!!

     
  • At 4:01 a.m., Blogger sara said…

    'Liya, who the FUCK are these retarded people that don't even KNOW you and are posting comments on your blog?! Do they have no lives?! Why would people you don't even know care so much about you and V and whether he's muslim and when you're getting married etc. etc. etc. They need to get LIVES! People, FIND something to do, stop being a huge pain in the ASS and leave 'Liya the fuck alone! (sorry for the profanity on your blog babe, but i think it's entirely necessary)!

    And about the South African comment, Meena, i'd like to know what Canadian is?!???!?!?! Please enlighten me, because when I grew up there, I was always so proud of the fact that in Canada we were encouraged to embrace our own cultures instead of melting into the uniformity of Americanism like in the states (which is actually what you're accusing Aaliya of doing by saying she thinks she's white and at the same time telling her not to be proud of her non-white South Africanness. Stop contradicting yourself)!

     
  • At 12:35 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 4:12 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Meena/Yasmin/Anonymous: Please stop visiting my blog. You aren't welcome here and any subsequent comments you leave will be deleted.

    If you have a problem with your race/background/family life/love life/parents/whatever the hell you have a problem with (you seem to have more than one), I suggest you seek counselling, but lashing out at my friends is NOT the way to go.

    I also suggest you find something more productive to do in your spare time other than constantly visiting the blog of a person you clearly don't like. It's stalkerish and loserish and really it doesn't make you look good.

     
  • At 4:23 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Anonymous (the nice anonymous one): Thank you! I definitely am proud of my heritage and am not afraid to show it :) I give my classes lessons on South Africa all the time and they love it! Actually, the exam I created for my class last semester was based on a quote by Nelson Mandela! And thank you for bringing my great-grandfather up... you know, a post about him a really good idea. Not many people know about him... can I ask who you are and how you know?

    Sara: You know, I actually thought this Meena girl was innocent and then I realized how dumb her lie is. The way I see it, she's reallyyyyyyyy jealous or insecure about something, not sure what, but definitely something! Or hey, maybe she's after V since she wants to know so much about him! I better protect him lol.

    You've really got to wonder about people that have nothing to do but visit other people's blogs and leave hateful anonymous comments. I guess she's just really upset at something in her own life... hey, do you think she's upset that she's not South African? She seems to mention it enough! :D

     
  • At 6:12 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 7:38 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    lol 'stalkerish and loserish and really it doesn't make you look good' haha, what's so wrong with south africans anyway? i have a friend who is and she's a nice regular girl, not as 'messed up' u could say as us desis lol the problem with desi women is they look with their noses down on other brown women and hate on them, i should know, i came from a family of em!!!!

     
  • At 2:54 a.m., Blogger sara said…

    Liya, this anonymous loser poster is not worth our time. Don't even think about them. But i would like to know if she expects you to wear Sari's to work?!?!!? Perhaps she's just envious of your supurb fashion sense. I know I love your style, which is why you're the only person I trust to go pick out clothes for me in Canada and send them to SA!!!!!!! You know what, South Africans (in HER opinion) may act "white" but I'd rather be part of a culture that acts white then a culture that goes and slanders and swears at other people. At least we're a peaceful community. Anonymous, i apologize for not pretending to be Pakistani, but really, we are the way we were raised!

     
  • At 2:56 a.m., Blogger sara said…

    Also, one more question, what is "acting white"? Please define this for me (and slut and whore don't qualify as a response to this one, please ANSWER the question)!

     
  • At 7:10 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Ayesha: Hehe, yeah, there's a problem when people don't want to look beyond their own faults but love to critisize others!

    Sara: "I'd rather be part of a culture that acts white then a culture that goes and slanders and swears at other people" -- me too! I don't understand what she means by "act white" either... but then I didn't understand most of the things she said :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home