To my pen, forgive me for typing..

The musings of a pilly ... Somewhat of a daily blog about my life and whatever.

Monday, April 23, 2007

Do I make you think?

I've been lazy and should have done this a month ago. Abigail awarded me with this lovely award and it's my duty to pass it on.




Nice eh? I felt very special seeing my name highlighted *blushes* thanks Abigail!


And now that I've finally gotten around to continuing this pretty little award, I need to choose 5 blogs that make me think. This is tough and I don't want to leave anyone out because all the blogs I visit are special in their own unique way. These are just a few that I think my dear readers (you), might find interesting.

1. http://justanotherquickquestion.blogspot.com/ I'm not just choosing this blog because it chose me! Run by twin sisters, their blog name says it all. A quick question to get you thinking. Very cute!

2. http://achelois.wordpress.com/ Amazing, simply such amazing and thought-provoking writing that I hardly ever comment because I'm usually at a loss of words. Often deals with religious issues in a mature and honest way that I simply love.

3. http://fu82.blogspot.com/ Fu is a funny guy who really really needs to update more often! He's on the way to becoming famous and when he does he's going to mention me on TV so that all my students can hear - right Fu?!

4. http://nabeelzeeshan.blogspot.com/ Run by a couple (married? bf/gf? not sure) and sometimes a bit sappy (hey, who am I to complain!) but usually posts interesting information about things or links to interesting sites that get you thinking.

5. http://www.organicmuslimah.blogspot.com/ A personal blog that deals with some interesting issues regarding all sorts of things. Like #'s 2 and 4, I don't comment often but I read almost daily.

So, if you're looking for some new reading material, there ya go... happy reading :)

19 Comments:

  • At 9:27 p.m., Blogger Nauman said…

    Thanks for not posting my blog address... oh well. "Humph".

     
  • At 10:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey u didn't mention mine neither !

     
  • At 10:16 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Nauman & Anonymous: *Sigh* I can't make everyone happy!

     
  • At 6:34 a.m., Blogger sara said…

    another really good one is electricspaghetti.blogspot.com

     
  • At 7:26 a.m., Blogger Becky L said…

    hey, you didnt mention mine!

    oh wait, you did. thanks! yeah, abby and I really love JAQQ. its fun to think up crazy questions to get people thinking.

     
  • At 9:29 a.m., Blogger Saaleha Idrees Bamjee said…

    yep, you certainly offer thought-gum:)

     
  • At 2:32 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well done!
    You do make us think...I remember a lot of my high school years due to you and about future kids education..etc

    And let us not forget the sappy stuff! :P

     
  • At 3:24 p.m., Blogger Ahmed said…

    Nice blogs, thanks for sharing. :)

     
  • At 3:59 p.m., Blogger Organica said…

    Aww. Thank you dear.......

     
  • At 4:36 p.m., Blogger Nikki Neurotic said…

    Those are nice choices, I checked them out.

     
  • At 6:47 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Sara: Ohhhhhhhh I was going to put that one and I couldn't remember so I put another one instead! Now I feel bad because I read her blog all the time!

    Becky: Hehe :D

    Saaleha: I meant to put your blog as one of my choices but when I was typing this I couldn't remember that you were my choice so I substituted another one (no offense to any of the others lol) !!! Well, while I'm at this, let me just tell you that though I don't comment often, I absolutely LOVE your writing and read regularly :)

    Fatima: Hehe, I was told that all I blog about is V and school and I need to expand on that. Maybe I will... but I probably won't :D

    Ahmed: No problem, if I could then I'd list all that I read (incl. yours), but my limit was 5 and I wanted to provide a variety .

    Organic-Muslimah: NP, and like I mentioned, I read all the time, just don't comment often, keep up the good work!

    Silverneurotic: Yeah, I think they provide nice food for thought!

     
  • At 6:57 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Suroor and Organica are one of personal favorites.

     
  • At 7:02 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Oops I just realized I didn't put the end of the tag thing up. Those who I selected have to proudly display the Thinking Blogger award and choose 5 blogs of their own. Please do so because I'm too lazy to edit my post now. However, if you'd rather go outside and enjoy the sunshine then do so and I'll totally understand!

    Haleem: You have good taste :D

     
  • At 9:41 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I too, think Suroor has a great talent for writing and great knack for hitting on issues with honesty and clarity. Good choices!

    - Bilqis

     
  • At 12:43 a.m., Blogger FU said…

    lol, thanks liya!!!!

    and i'll try my hardest to mention you at some point!

     
  • At 6:12 a.m., Blogger Saaleha Idrees Bamjee said…

    lol.
    no worries.
    i'd be hardpressed to name only 5 of my favourite blogs. its like asking me who's my favourite child.

     
  • At 7:17 a.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Bilqis: Absolutely!

    Fu: You'lll have to, I told my students I know someone who's becoming famous :D

    Saaleha: Hehe.. who's your favourite child?

     
  • At 4:49 p.m., Blogger AKA said…

    I have to agree with your comment about Suroor's blog (Achelois) because I'm usually left with no comment by the end that I never comment on it either. Great choices, thanks for sharing!

     
  • At 5:59 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Aka: I know eh, isn't it amazing how she does it? I wish I could be so talented...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home