Sun, sand, & FUN
You have to admit that this:

... is HOT.
A private pool all to ourselves... gorgeous beach in the background... PALM trees... and inside the hotel room is just as beautiful *sigh.*
I always assumed that V and I would go to Italy for our honeymoon. For as long as I can remember, I've always been obsessed with going there for art history related reasons. In no particular order, Greece, Mecca, France, Spain, Dubai, and South Africa are also high on the list, but not for a honeymoon visit, just places I want to experience with him. But now I’m beginning to pay more attention to the Travel section of the newspaper and the flyers that are sent every weekend advertising for hot and sunny destinations. These beaches are really drawing my eyes to other opportunities… hot, sunny, sexy ones.
Most likely, we’ll be going on our honeymoon in December, Inshallah. Before then will be impossible since we’re planning the wedding for the end of the August/beginning of September (date not yet set). So basically, wham, bam, we get married and then a few days later I go back to work (again, Inshallah, that I have a job!) … which is why we’re planning the big trip for the December holidays. In the meantime, between our wedding date and the start of school, we’re going to take what I’m calling the “pre-honeymoon” – a few nights stay in Niagara Falls - at my parents insistence. And hey, just because I’ve been to Niagara Falls a million times in my life, just like everyone else who lives here, I’ve never been there with V and still, it must be called the honeymoon capital of the world for some reason – hopefully we get to find out why ;)

... is HOT.
A private pool all to ourselves... gorgeous beach in the background... PALM trees... and inside the hotel room is just as beautiful *sigh.*
Okay, so I’m planning the honeymoon before planning the wedding, is that really so bad!?
I always assumed that V and I would go to Italy for our honeymoon. For as long as I can remember, I've always been obsessed with going there for art history related reasons. In no particular order, Greece, Mecca, France, Spain, Dubai, and South Africa are also high on the list, but not for a honeymoon visit, just places I want to experience with him. But now I’m beginning to pay more attention to the Travel section of the newspaper and the flyers that are sent every weekend advertising for hot and sunny destinations. These beaches are really drawing my eyes to other opportunities… hot, sunny, sexy ones.
Most likely, we’ll be going on our honeymoon in December, Inshallah. Before then will be impossible since we’re planning the wedding for the end of the August/beginning of September (date not yet set). So basically, wham, bam, we get married and then a few days later I go back to work (again, Inshallah, that I have a job!) … which is why we’re planning the big trip for the December holidays. In the meantime, between our wedding date and the start of school, we’re going to take what I’m calling the “pre-honeymoon” – a few nights stay in Niagara Falls - at my parents insistence. And hey, just because I’ve been to Niagara Falls a million times in my life, just like everyone else who lives here, I’ve never been there with V and still, it must be called the honeymoon capital of the world for some reason – hopefully we get to find out why ;)
P.S. I apologize if my blog is getting a bit too mushy... I can't help it, I'm EXCITED!
27 Comments:
At 7:28 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
oh wow....where is that? it looks gorgeous...the perfectttttt honeymoon destination!! have a great time planning your wedding...im sure it'll be great! :)
At 8:36 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
okay...first off....end of august/beginning of september?!?!....umm....wow i've been so outta touch since i went to Florida (which by the way was so much fun and so relaxing =)) but even though ive been back for a week im like all out of touch with reality and kinda dont want to be in reality...but wow...that soon?!?!?!!?....im secretly hoping its in end of august so that i can have the opportunity to attend and see my old best friend get married while i weep with happiness that now two of my good friends are happily starting the next chapter of their lives....and than it'll leave me....but that is something i have to update you on (and its good news too!!)....but you should go somewhere beautiful and sunny and relaxing because it really is a wonderful getaway and that picture looks perfect....i am so excited for you 'liya...and planning a wedding is def a task...i think you may want to ask farah for some pointers....cause wow you sure have a short amount of time to do so....and there are so many little details to take care of....you should get like a wedding "planner" book in which you can take pics of possible places/cakes/food/decorations/and put it together like an art project seeing what fits together....oh my god i cant wait till i do mine!...lol...okay well i hope all is well with you which it sounds like it is and i will talk to you soon!....=D
At 10:10 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
Some people are lucky to find love in high school, while some people don't get anythhing even in their thirties or forties!
There is no point in this comment. Just wanted to say that I am so happy for you that you have your "love" early in your life! Take good care of it, because there are plenty of women or men outthere, who feel lonely and miserable.
At 10:47 p.m.,
'liya said…
Shireen: I guess I should put up more info if I'm going to stick up such a gorgeous picture eh? Well... guess how much it costs for 10 days in December - $15,000 - yup, that's right! I mean we're having a small wedding to spend the big bucks on the honeymoon because that's more important to us, BUT we're not MILLIONAIRES!!! I was so upset when I found out because it just looks perfect to me... *sigh* I'll think of something.. .or rob a bank!
I'll let you where exactly this is when I find where I put the flyer. I had it in a safe place and then when I researched the cost I got so upset and threw it somewhere :S
Samia: You're back!!! I'll let you know of the exact date when we arrange it... if it happens to be the first week of Sept. would you still be able to come? You have to! That's what V wants but I want the end of August :S
I'm happy you had a good time in Florida - you KNOW I want to see pictures - you BETTER put those pics up soon and not take a year like you did withyour Pakistan pictures! I can't wait to hear your good news - now you have me all curious lol.
How is Farah doing? Did she plan her own wedding or have a planner? Oh, and ask her how long it took to plan, because I'm planning to get this planned in 2 months... am I crazy?
Nadia: You're right, I do feel incredibly lucky to have known V for so long, thank you for the reminder, I really should be more grateful.
I think God has a specific time in plan for all of us, for some of us it's now, for some of us it's later - you can't rush that but need to know and make sure that the one you do choose is the one you can't live without. Too many people make the wrong choices because they rush into relationships and choose to marry the one they think they can live "with." I hope that makes sense :S
At 12:55 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
I guess you won't be going to Niagara Falls then :-P
My dream honeymoon destination would be Paris and Rome. So much history and stuff to see for all tastes.
At 12:56 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
Wait a minute did I just comment about "my dream honeymoon destination". OMG that is such a girly comment on a girly topic ...
I am taking it ALL back... I am going camping in the Muskokas on my honeymoon... fishing by the sunrise, cut logs during the day and ..zzzz.. during the night under the stars.
At 1:42 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
I want the exact same thing!!!!!
A private pool..private beach...etc :D
*sigh*
ok i need to find a guy to get married to first...LOL!
i am so excited for you liya!
btw, i would love to visit those places for the historical aspects as well...i want to travel to morocco and turkey as other destinations.
hehehe...and maybe canada so i can come visit you :P
At 4:20 p.m.,
'liya said…
Haleem: Niagara Falls is my pre-honeymoon because my parents think we need to have a honeymoon before going back to work. After that, in December is the real deal - that gorgeous picture you see at the top - inshallah!!
And hey, you tell your future wife you wanna go to up north and I think she'll begin to have second thoughts about you! LOL I do think she would love Paris/Rome so don't feel bad about revealing that - it makes us think you actually KNOW what she wants - which is good - for her!!
Fatima: Well you can always go to Niagara Falls because hey, apparently it's the honeymoon capital of the world (which my mom likes to remind me about ALL the time lol) - then you could visit me!
Morrocco and Turkey sound really nice as well though I think I see those places more as vacation places and not honeymoon places. You know what would be weird, if you came to Canada when I go to SA :S
At 5:00 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
k.....i don't mean to ruin the happiness of this post, but the comment in your last post from 'anonymous' ticked me off. what the fuck, 'exposing a sin'??? if lilly's exposing a sin here why the hell are you reading it??? by reading about this 'sin' are you not partaking in it too? the net is stockfull of sins and if u think lilly's actions are sinful well you're in for a big surprise..... you'd think the muslim world would find something else to focus on but no..... we just nitpick people to death yea..... hello!!!! there's wars out there....rape..... violence..... children without food and water and what matters is some random guy u don't know carrying some random girl you don't know..... or do you know them???? because if you know them and you post a comment as 'anonymous' then that's pathetic.....
keep up the posting sweetie, i want to hear all about your wedding plans. insha allah evreything will work out and you'll be able to go to your island and your hubby can carry you around all you want.... on the sand.... in the water..... on the roof.... wherever you want!!!! and i'd do it in public too jsut to get anonymous socks rolled the wrong way
At 5:37 p.m.,
'liya said…
Anonymous: That's 'liya, not Lilly, although Lilly sounds very pretty! I don't know about carrying me on the roof, but carrying me around on the sand and in the water sounds lovely :D
I wouldn't worry too much about that anonymous comment. My blog is about my personal life, if someone has a problem with the way I live my life, I would think they wouldn't want to read about it - doesn't that make sense? Nobody forces anyone to read my blog - it's out of their own choosing.
Anyways, I think it's time for me to do one of those 'Blog bullying' posts again lol.
At 6:22 p.m.,
Ahmed said…
That looks awesome! Hot & sunny sounds like a perfect trip when you just want to have some fun :)
At 6:42 p.m.,
HippieChyck said…
reminding singletons that mushy is possible remains key. p.s. your *parents* are insisting on a honeymoon!!! they are a selfless crew.
At 7:40 p.m.,
mezba said…
That photo looks awesome! I wish I could happily retire somewhere with enough money not to worry *sigh*
As for honeymoon I am not a great believer in this going to one place after wedding for rest and relaxation thing. I should go to MORE than one place!! Europe for me too.
At 8:22 p.m.,
'liya said…
Ahmed: I know, I fell in love with the picture when I saw it *sigh* ... I hope the price goes down! They need to stop sending such tempting flyers!
Hippiechyck: Hehe you don't know how close Niagara Falls is to me! I've been there too many times and my parents think it's easy for me to go close by - they don't seem to understand that I don't want to go there, but hey, if they're paying, how can I complain right?! :D
They went there for their "pre-honeymoon" before heading off to St. Lucia so apparently I'm supposed to do the same :S
Mezba: I assume you're going to rob a bank with me? Lend me some money and I'll tell you where the picture is from... deal? :D
At 10:10 a.m.,
Anonymous said…
looks like the perfect setting :)
At 1:07 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
liya that sounds amazing! I'm glad your parents are insisting you take a mini-vacation too! And then you get to go somewhere WARM in the WINTER! woohooo! Happy wedding planning!
At 2:40 p.m.,
hema said…
planning a wedding in two months, hhm it seems stressful but you seem like the kind of girl that can cope with pressure!
weddings are becoming so expensive, it's scary. an average wedding dress over here costs £800! (i really should at least have a sense of how many dollars that is, but don't!).
my brother got married recently, and we copied the design we liked out of Asian Bride and sent it to Pakistan and they made it for half the price, and no one could tell the difference! we were rather proud of ourselves actually. but it does take some planning. the one thing about leaving wedding planning to the last minute is you don't have time to shop around so might not get the best deal. maybe you should become a lady of leisure over summer after all :)
At 8:03 p.m.,
nat said…
Hey 'liya if you need any help with any aspect of the wedding don't be a stranger! I'm very willing to help however I can, and hopefully that will make it less stressful :)
At 8:15 p.m.,
'liya said…
Taqdeer: I think so too! Isn't it just too beautiful?!
Ruby: Yeah two vacations instead of one... hopefully my parents feel as loving when it comes to paying for them both! :D
Hema: "kind of girl that can cope with pressure" - that's the story of my life lol. That's interesting that you should mention Asian Bride because that's what Fatima suggested I look at earlier. Hmm, I really got to check this magazine out, everyone knows about it except me!
P.S I have no clue how much the amount you mentioned is in pounds so no worries :D
Nuffy: So far the only aspect stressing me out is V. Seriously, he's such a dingdong head and no help at all. Thanks for the offer, and I might just have to take it up closer to the date...I suspect I'll only really begin seriously planning when school lets out :)
At 7:24 a.m.,
sara said…
Ismail and I will be in Canada at the end of August/Beg of Sept!!!!!!!!! Please make it between Aug 26th and Sept 5th!
At 7:30 p.m.,
'liya said…
Sara: You're in luck my dear!
I emailed you :)
At 5:52 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
the only part of that picture you'll go to is the free beach in the background !! haha
At 5:56 p.m.,
'liya said…
Peeves: I know who you are idiot. You're sitting right beside me!!!! And now I'm going to come smack your face! Run!
At 6:18 p.m.,
FU said…
wham bham? getting married?
haha
u said it! not me!
At 7:46 p.m.,
'liya said…
Fu: You know what I mean!!! As in it's going very quickly... like fast... like you know, no time to breath!!!!!! *sigh* lol
At 12:25 p.m.,
AKA said…
It's always more fun planning a honeymoon than a wedding lol. How do I know this? Because I've planned out about 4-5 different honeymoons :P I don't care about the wedding part because I'm not so girly that I would care about the details other than what I'd wear. Now travelling is where I get excited! This looks gorgeous! I have all the places on your list on mine too. Any chance you'll add Australia to your? ;)
At 1:11 p.m.,
'liya said…
Aka: I'd love to add Australia to mine :D
BTW if you watched ANTM they WERE down there - and I thought of you!
I think I'm going to shove all the plans into my mom's hands. I already have the dress picked (well in my head I do lol) .. other than that, I'm already bored with the planning and I'd much rather be planning which beach I want to go to to get away from everything!!
Post a Comment
<< Home