A Break From Marking
I took a break from marking and went to Centre Island. I was going to take my exams with to mark on the bus, but as I was leaving the house with 65 papers underarm, my mom said "V is not going to want to marry a girl who takes her marking everywhere." Fine mom. The papers stayed at home.
View of Toronto from the Island:

Some hot guy's luscious locks as he peers into dirty Lake Ontario:
View of Toronto from the Island:

Some hot guy's luscious locks as he peers into dirty Lake Ontario:
Have a seat!

It was a fun day. I have tons more pictures of the pretty view and nature and the lake and animals, but they're boring. My summer goal is to learn how to become a better photographer from this smart guy.
However, I do have this cool action short. It must suck to have lost to a girl... poor V. I won:
260 more short answer questions to mark. Then I have to do report card marks and comments. Don't ask me why I'm blogging since all this is due tomorrow.
P.S. We're going back there next weekend to rent bicycles. Debit cards get you nowhere.


17 Comments:
At 12:58 p.m.,
Umar said…
haha... I take it you're going to the workshop then?
And you should definitely leave the marking at home! what's the point of taking a break then? :)
At 2:34 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
V has long hair!!!
At 4:11 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
I take it that the hot guy with the long hair you're referring to is V? Haha, is this because I said you haven't blogged about him in awhile? Someone's feeling a little guilty isn't she? But not that guilty to still say that she won a game of basketball!
I haven't been to Center Island in ages!
:-)
- Bilqis
At 6:04 p.m.,
'liya said…
Umar: Inshallah!
Well, I thought if I take it with, then maybe V could help me mark and it could be relaxing if I were marking outside surrounded by pretty flowers... of course when I told him that that had been my plan, he was horrified lol.
Anonymous: Yes he does, I love it!
Bilqis: Hehe.. no it's someone else... of course it's V! I'm glad that you recognized that I won at basketball - because I did - and it was SUCH a nice feeling to win!
Centre Island is one of my favourite places, you should definitely go again :D
At 12:10 a.m.,
Anonymous said…
Listen to your mom, liya! hehe taking your marking with you would have been so unsexy!
As I am guessing V took the picture of you - I have to say his photography skills are much better than yours as that is the most beautiful picture in the bunch!
Center Island is awesome - haven't been there in ages (quite a journey from here) but in Mississauga there's this park - Jack Darling - quite good as well. You get a nice view of the Toronto skyline, it's busy but not crowded, cosy as well, and great for a BBQ.
At 3:16 a.m.,
NuRAAN said…
LOL, u and ur marking 'liya!hehe now see a break would mean no marking:)
Centre Island looks so lovely..
At 2:00 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
WoW...your picture does look very classy.
This is my first time on this blog but i must say...a teacher who can win games of basketball...classy!! Can i take the course too? :D
Looking forward to reading more.
At 4:50 p.m.,
'liya said…
Haleem: Jack Darling sounds familiar, I think I've been there (unless I'm imagining it lol). If you're going to compare my photography skills to his, then I have to make it known to the public (blog readers) that V and I took a digital photography couse together in university and I got a higher mark! Hehehe (evil laugh!).
Nuraan: I guess I don't know the real meaning of the word "break" lol. It really is beautiful. Next time I'll have better nature shots!
Miss Specs: Thank you, welcome to my classroom .. ahem, blog! :D
At 7:53 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
dang... u look even bettah den u looked in highschool, how's dat possible????? share yor aging secrets!!!!
At 9:06 p.m.,
mezba said…
wow.. nice... had forgotten what Centre Island was like...
if you are doing bike trails you MUST do the humber park-lakeshore line - absolutely superb and scenic.
At 10:22 p.m.,
Nikki Neurotic said…
Haha, some days I am very glad I never thought to do the teacher route...this is one of those days.
At 10:30 p.m.,
'liya said…
Anonymous: So you know me from high school eh? Care to tell me who you are? Now..um.. do you mean aging or anti-aging, because if you mean aging.. then I think I'm hurt lol.
Mezba: I must tell you, we were incredibly annoyed that the bike rentals didn't take debit! Important lesson of the day: always have cash with you wherever you go!
Silverneurotic: lol oh well... it's all done now.. I was up till 3:00 a.m. last night - I felt like a university student cramming for an exam! I felt better going in to work this morning and seeing other teachers scramble last minute!
At 3:07 a.m.,
NuRAAN said…
I'm glad u finished all your marking ... that was ALL the marking that u finished right??:D
At 7:53 a.m.,
Becky L said…
cute picts.
Glad you had a great time!
At 4:23 p.m.,
'liya said…
Nuraan: Hehe yes that was ALL! Took me till 3:00a.m. but it's DONE! Tomorrow we clean out the classrooms, oh joy!
Becky: :D I'm going back for a bike!
At 3:25 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
Take a break from marking.
A short break.
You will find it's good for you :P
Btw, I still don't get why you would ever want to go on a diet....
you're skinny!
At 5:56 p.m.,
'liya said…
Fatima: I want to tone my arms and legs, I honestly have no muscle though I think jogging is helping that (I hope). I lost the weight that I wanted to (I just wanted to lost the pounds I put on in uni so it wasn't hard), what's hard is that the teachers at my school always bring such yummy things to eat and share and it's so hard to not eat the cheesecake that's sitting right in front of me!
Other than that, I feel like I need to prove myself to my mom who always always always tells me I'm going to get fat if I continue eating like I do (which doesn't even make sense since I usually eat healthy) AND V, who works out everyday so I feel inadequate beside him :S
Post a Comment
<< Home