The Party is OVER.
The last words out of the last student's mouth leaving the room "We'll have to do this again Ms. C- it was the best class of my life."

My first year of teaching drew to a final close with exam review/report card pick-up today. They made me feel like a celebrity, lining up at my desk (in such an orderly fashion, oh I taught them well!) to get their yearbooks signed. I wonder if this is how J. K. Rowling feels when she signs books. I felt like the line went on forever and that I didn't get to give as much parting advice and good wishes for the summer as I would've liked because it was book after book in my face. It's a good thing I gave my goodbye speech before exams. Wow, time passes by so quickly. This year was amazing and I had an incredible time. It was fun and it was so satisfyingly enjoyable... however, the party is over in more ways than one - I'm moving blogs. I've been meaning to do this for the longest time and now finally I have some sort of transition and no excuses not to... mind you, the template is still in very preliminary stages, it took me enough time to figure out how to move my dear avatar over and by the time I figured that out I was almost ready to call it quits. Anyways, update your links, and I hope to see y'all at http://liyapilly.wordpress.com/ - everything has been moved there and my little blogspot space will be deleted soon enough.
Note: From now on, posts about teaching/work (and from the past), are going to be password protected to protect the identities of students, teachers, schools, and myself. Even though I've never used real names before, I just want to be on the safe side. The world is full of crazies and sometimes it seems like their sole aim in life is to crash your party. If you want the password, leave a comment here asking me, and I'll send an email on your way. I'd love to share it with my lovely blog readers, but I need to know who you are!

My first year of teaching drew to a final close with exam review/report card pick-up today. They made me feel like a celebrity, lining up at my desk (in such an orderly fashion, oh I taught them well!) to get their yearbooks signed. I wonder if this is how J. K. Rowling feels when she signs books. I felt like the line went on forever and that I didn't get to give as much parting advice and good wishes for the summer as I would've liked because it was book after book in my face. It's a good thing I gave my goodbye speech before exams. Wow, time passes by so quickly. This year was amazing and I had an incredible time. It was fun and it was so satisfyingly enjoyable... however, the party is over in more ways than one - I'm moving blogs. I've been meaning to do this for the longest time and now finally I have some sort of transition and no excuses not to... mind you, the template is still in very preliminary stages, it took me enough time to figure out how to move my dear avatar over and by the time I figured that out I was almost ready to call it quits. Anyways, update your links, and I hope to see y'all at http://liyapilly.wordpress.com/ - everything has been moved there and my little blogspot space will be deleted soon enough.
Note: From now on, posts about teaching/work (and from the past), are going to be password protected to protect the identities of students, teachers, schools, and myself. Even though I've never used real names before, I just want to be on the safe side. The world is full of crazies and sometimes it seems like their sole aim in life is to crash your party. If you want the password, leave a comment here asking me, and I'll send an email on your way. I'd love to share it with my lovely blog readers, but I need to know who you are!
40 Comments:
At 4:09 a.m.,
NuRAAN said…
hey 'liya... love the new layout...altho the blogger one's colours are so happy[i love pink:P]
The new one is much more fitting to ur title tho...
i searched and searched for a new layout...BUT it looks so complicated to change from old to new?
i hope u can drop me the password? u said mail right? me > nuranium@gmail.com
:)
Time sure does fly, can't believe it almost July again!
At 5:02 a.m.,
Anonymous said…
The older layout was so much nicer :as in BRIGHTER. But that one is befitting for a teacher, like nuraan pointed out.
Happy blogging at the new space!
I can't access your e-mail address so here's mine:
schauspiel.vista@gmail.com
More in the mail...Love reading your blog!
At 6:33 a.m.,
Anonymous said…
Hi liya :)
I would love a password please!
My email addy is:
orbdesign@gmail.com
Thank you :)
At 9:18 a.m.,
mezba said…
Ah yes.. at last a template I can read. Love your new blog template.
PS. Please give me the password.
At 9:37 a.m.,
Anonymous said…
Can't wait to see you over at WP! It's much funner there! :)
May I have the password please?
At 9:40 a.m.,
hema said…
oh i really need to move to wordpress too, but can't be bothered.
obviously, goes without saying i want the password. this is one of my fave cyber hangouts at the moment. thanks
At 9:42 a.m.,
Umar said…
me thinks you still have my email address.
and JK Rowling doesn't look that excited in the photo :P
At 10:42 a.m.,
Ahmed said…
Hey Liya, I've been following the over the year and it seems like you are a wonderful teacher and that both you and your students had a fantastic year. InshaAllah next year will be just as amazing.
And may I have the password for the new blog? I think you have my gmail.
Oh and yay! The new blog has rss feeds! finally!
At 5:07 p.m.,
'liya said…
Well so far everyone gets the password and I take it as a good thing that nobody has said the pen looks like it's going to stab them in the eye lol. See V, you're the only one with such a weird imagination!
Nuraan: I'm not going to say it's not complicated to switch templates because for me it was very much so (in Blogger). The template on Wordpress is just one of the standard ones I chose but yes I did choose it because it went best with my title hehe.. I'm going to change it soon though, it's too boring.
Miss Specs: Yeah, it was brighter and prettier and more cheerful but I'm going to change the new one when I find something nice. For now that'll have to do because it's hard and I'm tired of looking at templates lol.
Taqdeer: Certainly! How can I refuse you?!
Mezba: That's one of the reasons I switched, so I could get a new template that people could see more easily - and this one looks as clear as can be (though as I mention above, I am going to change it one day because it does look very boring and according to V, "ugly" lol).
Ruby: You made it look so easy to switch! My computer kept freezing when I was in the process of moving there argh! But you were one of the inspirations, that yours worked so successfully, and the lovely password protect option.
Hema: The main reason I moved is because of the password protect option. I think some of my posts on school are a bit too personal and you know the saying 'it's better to be safe than sorry!' I want to blog more about teaching but sometimes I find myself holding back, hopefully this will make it better. Of course I'm still going to try to keep anonymity as best I can...
Umar: Hehe, from my very short life as a celebrity, I can honestly say that book signing gets very boring after the um third book, so I don't blame her for her lack of enthusiasm - although she has no right to be bored as one of the richest ladies in the world (and with more money soon to land in her pocket... so soon *sigh*).
Ahmed: lol.. 'rss feeds,' I still don't know what that is and I tried to understand it but don't - but hey, if you say the new one has them then that's good, I don't have to worry about it!
At 5:22 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
hi! I got to your blog skipping thru alot of the other commenters..I hope to get your password as well!!
ayjay
to_wali@yahoo.ca
At 7:27 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
Can I get the password too please?
ps. your blog banner.. that's a PEN? holy... I thought it was some rocket or something....
At 7:29 p.m.,
hema said…
yes well you actually inspired me to stop being so lazy and move to wordpress as wel. so with that said, it should be easier for you to find me! lol i am going to release the address in a few days, i'm still trying to sort out all my links, although so far it's been easy.
At 7:35 p.m.,
Nikki Neurotic said…
May I have the password? rockergirl20032003@yahoo.com
I think you'll like Wordpress...I know I do. And now I was able to add your blog to my Google Blog Reader! Now I can keep better tabs on your blog.
Take care.
At 10:38 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
Hi,
I dont remember how I came across your blog last year, but I continued reading b/c of your inspiring posts about teaching.
Inshallah I will be as compassionate a prof as you are a teacher.
At 10:11 a.m.,
'liya said…
Ayjay: Hehe.. first you have to prove yourself to me because I've never seen a comment from you before lol.. for all I know, you could be one of my students! So, how long have you been reading mine and do you have a blog of your own? :)
Haleem: Of course! Check your email :)
It's a very powerful pen lol .. I can see you have an even bigger imagination than V! Don't worry it'll be changed eventually.. maybe to a rocket :D
Hema: "it's been easy" - yeah maybe for you! lol.. I'm not so talented with this stuff. If you make your Wordpress blog look all nice and pretty I'm going to be bugging you for help :D
Silverneurotic: Of course! Hmm Google Blog Reader? I don't know what that is, but it looks like I still have a lot to learn about Wordpress - it seems like there's so mny interesting options, however for now I think I'll just be satisfied that I got my avatar figured out there lol.
Anonymous: Aww I wish you the best of luck as a professor! Do you have a blog of your own? I'd love to read it, I hope you share that with me and I hope to see you at my new one :)
At 1:15 p.m.,
Ahmed said…
To be honest, I totally felt like the Pen was coming at out of the page at me.
At 8:40 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
hey liya! hope you are well! wondering if i can get ur password? xlr8._@hotmail.com
thanks!!
At 9:12 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
I dont really blog, but have fun reading. It "round and round the world we'll spin" on blogspot or blogger.
sobia
At 9:19 p.m.,
'liya said…
Okay, everyone above (and below), should have gotten the email with the password from me. If you didn't it means that I accidently left you out, and not that I hate you! Just give me a little reminder.. school is out and my brain isn't functioning at full capacity with the hot weather and the fact that I had nothing to do today so I watched some very boring movies that my sister rented... um anyone see Little Miss Sunshine? Totally weird.
Ahmed: You're not the only one lol.. though this seems to be a guy thing hmmm.
Shireen: Hope you're well too! Password sent :)
At 9:22 p.m.,
'liya said…
Sobia: Oops sorry, I didn't see your comment. What do you mean by "It 'round and round the world we'll spin' on blogspot or blogger." Is that the name of your blog? Sorry, see what I said about my brain in the last comment :S
At 9:34 p.m.,
'liya said…
Sobia: Never mind I found it. I assume you're the anonymous one above who said you're studying to become a professor?
At 9:41 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
i want the password too!!!!..
i cant wait to come to Toronto...remember that we must have a proper chilling day and this time i have your phone number..lol....okay so hook me up with that password =) you have my email addy just in case you forgot..lol...
At 10:11 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
Please don't forget me too!!
Congratulations on completing your first year, I want to hear all about the second :-)
Did you decide if you're going to do that extra qualification course in the summer?
- Bilqis
At 2:28 a.m.,
Anonymous said…
i'd like to remain anonymous but i'd like your password if possible... i want to become a teacher and what u write is very inspiring to me...i don't want to say who i am... can u give it to me some other way?
At 8:48 a.m.,
sara said…
password please darling!
At 2:04 p.m.,
'liya said…
Samia: Are you back from California???!!! If you are, I want to see those pictures and your Florida ones too! I just sent you my generic password email (don't feel offended that it's not personal, I'm too lazy) but, that being said, since I sent you the password, I DEMAND to see your pictures - meet me on MSN? lol :D
Bilqis: I emailed you and the email came back to me. Did you change your email? I'll try again :(
Anonymous: Aww, thank you for keeping up with my blog, hmm, well if you have a blog of your own you can email the name to me and I won't say anything about it.. that way at least I get to know something about you too?
Sara: It's on it way, but actually, I emailed you a card yesterday and that email came back to me! Humph! did you change your email? Is it still your work one or your hotmail account?
At 3:29 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
hey hey hey!
when did this happen?
pls send me an email with the password :)
belladonna786@gmail.com
yeah, password protection is always better! away from the weirdo's!
At 7:49 p.m.,
'liya said…
Fatima: I sent you the password right now, BUT... I want YOU to update YOUR blog! I miss you!!! Come back!
At 9:24 a.m.,
Anonymous said…
passowrd please???? also let me know when ur coming over since school is over :)
At 10:08 p.m.,
'liya said…
Aman: Are you free on the weekend? Call me!!! I miss you :D
At 10:05 a.m.,
Anonymous said…
CAN YOU WORK FOR ME TODAY PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
At 9:54 p.m.,
'liya said…
Zizou: Why must you clutter my blog with your nonsense.. yeesh, I'm in the kitchen (that's um 5 steps away from the computer)... and just so everyone knows, the girl who calls herself 'Zizou' (my weird sister) isn't home right now, which is why I'm leaving this comment for her to see - I'm not like her!!!
At 3:20 a.m.,
The friendly lion said…
Hi, can i have the password too?? considering ive only commented once...but i read everyday :)
my email is rantings.tfl@gmail.com
thanks!
At 9:28 p.m.,
'liya said…
The Friendly Lion: Sent!
At 4:24 a.m.,
Saaleha Idrees Bamjee said…
what's the open sesame for your wordpress?
saaleha at gmail dot com
At 1:23 p.m.,
youngMuslimah said…
hey can i have the password?
At 5:31 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
a bit delayed, but anyway, i'd like the password too please.
email is dreamlife@webmail.co.za
baie dankie ("thanx very much" in Afrikaans)
At 8:44 a.m.,
Bilal said…
and what about me? or is it to late!
hooligan786 at gmail dot com
At 7:44 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.
At 6:22 a.m.,
Anonymous said…
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celular, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-celular-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.
Post a Comment
<< Home