To my pen, forgive me for typing..

The musings of a pilly ... Somewhat of a daily blog about my life and whatever.

Sunday, June 03, 2007

@ the World's "End"?

We saw Pirates - At World's End today. And I KNOW it's just a movie and I KNOW that obviously things don't happen in real life like they do in the movies, but I got a little pouty when I saw how easy Elizabeth Swann and Will Turner managed to say their "I do's." For those of you who haven't seen the movie yet, they basically say their wedding vows and proclaim their love for each other in while sword-fighting their attackers on board the ship. An interesting wedding ceremony, no doubt. However, I was feeling a little moody afterwards... actually A LOT moody afterwards because it seems like every which way I turn, I'm being bombarded with couples tying the knot - and they just have it SO #as%ytkjh$* EASY. So V, I apologize for acting like how I did afterwards. It's frustrating you know... It's frustrating because our situation is a bit different from everyone else's and even though we've known each other for years, it doesn't make anything easier.

BTW the movie sucked and you know it. Next time I get to choose and I want to see Shrek III.

One of the most important things I learned this year is not to ever 'settle for less.' From whom I'm going to marry to the job I want to have, I'm not the settle-for-less kinda girl. I set high standards for myself and with God's help I try my best to reach them because I can never do it alone. I have high standards that the man I'm going to marry must match. He matches them. I have very high standards of education and teaching, and as I learn more about the profession, I'm able to learn how to meet them. When I want something, I work my hardest to get it. I'm motivated in that way. I've seen girls on the other end, desperate to accept the first man that comes their way by way of parent's suggestion because they don't think they'll ever get married, or not going/graduating from university because "there's no need to" if they're going to stay at home for the rest of their lives. I have no problem with stay-at-home moms, I think a mother needs to be at home to raise young children, but I DO have a problem with housewives, women without children who want to make a "career" out of staying at home.

What does this have to do with Pirates? I don't know, I kinda just went of on a tangent and lost track of what I wanted to say. But it's something along the lines of wedding planning. It's hard. Very hard. There's times when we'll both feel frustrated but we know we want to be together so whatever problem we have we'll work through it together. And like I said, we don't have it easy, but we have each other and that's what matters. I'm no Keira Knightley, but the current state of V's hair looks exactly like THIS. And while his hair isn't THIS long, with the bandanna he showed up in today, his eyes certainly were all big and soulful looking like that. I don't know how to hold a sword (or gun), but hey, if they can do it in the midst of battle (and get a long kiss in there at the same time), then we can do anything.

14 Comments:

  • At 11:43 p.m., Blogger Nauman said…

    When are you NOT complaining? :)

     
  • At 11:44 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey liya!
    I saw Shrek 3 on Thursday with my younger brother and sister....and I LOVED IT!!!! I also saw Pirates of the Caribbean (sp) and I liked it...kinda boring...but...hey for ppl who like it...! I LOVE JOHNNY DEPP THO!!! SO HOT!

     
  • At 11:57 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Nauman: You're one to talk, you're the male version of a female complainer lol :)

    Faiza: OMG where have you been? Did you ever get my email?? My siblings saw Pirates and Shrek together without me lol. I agree with you on the Johnny Depp aspect :D

     
  • At 2:19 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I thought Pirates 3 sucked big time. Then again, I did not watch it with any significant other so there was no distractions to the boredom!

    Spiderman3 was much better, and oh ya, Shrek 3 rocked!

     
  • At 4:08 a.m., Blogger NuRAAN said…

    I can only imagine that u wil be stressing out evry now and then abt the wedding but Insha-Allah everything will go well:)

    As for Pirates - i'm yet to see the 3rd one.. not even sure whether is showin here already.. lol
    Agreed: Johnny Depp's mysterious eyes r *sigh* gorgeous BUT Orlando Bloom is a hottie too ;P

     
  • At 4:49 a.m., Blogger hema said…

    i like the way you dress your character to suit your mood

     
  • At 11:59 a.m., Blogger Ahmed said…

    I thought pirates 3 was rather meh. It just wasn't as fun as the first two. Shrek 3 was great! I liked it more than the 2nd one!

     
  • At 3:15 p.m., Blogger Becky L said…

    I'm gonna leave a comment, just so you know I visited. But i didnt read the post; i want to see the movie [even if it does stink], and dont want any giveaways from your post.

     
  • At 8:14 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Haleem: I wanted to see Spiderman but V already saw it with his brother!! (and just so everyone knows how mean he is, he saw it with him even though he KNEW how badly I wanted to see it).

    Nuraan: "Orlando Bloom is a hottie too" :D

    Hema: Yay! Someone notices! Hehe.. I love doing that (though sometimes there's not many clothing options to choose from but I guess I can't be picky since she looks a lot better than me lol).

    Ahmed: I thought it was meh too. Actually, to tell the truth, I was kinda confused by everything that was happening - it's been awhile since the last one so I was lost for a bit. But then just felt bored.

    Becky: Oops I guess I should have put up some kinda spoiler alert - but luckily you didn't read the whole thing even though I think I went off more on a tangent than saying much about the movie. Tell me what you think about it after you watch it!

     
  • At 10:29 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awww...u DID miss me :) I was wondering if u had noticed. It's just that it's summer now...and I think I havent been on MSN for a month and a half...ever since Uni finished. Life is so hectic once school ends! *lol* First, I found a job, and then getting ready for my convocation on JUNE 11 (CANNOT WAIT...ehh!!) and then I'm going to India for my cousins wedding on JUNE 13. So, u can guess...life is busY! *lol* But I always (I swear) visited your website but didnt reply bc I use my brothers comp now since it takes too long to open my laptop and turn it on etc. So, long story short, today I had to use my own laptop because my brother had an assignment...and I could finally leave u a message! :) Phew! By the way, Spiderman 3 was AWESOME!!! :)And ur family is so similar to mine!!! I'm the second sister and I took my younger two sibs just like ur sister/sibs did! lol ***Hope this "summary" made sense.

     
  • At 10:49 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh and one more thing. I'm going to INDIA alone !!! (I know...ALONE!!!) But I'm really close with my cousins and I think I need this to really grow up. ;) But...I LOVED the Kite Runner and I was wondering if u could recomend another novel as good and interesting as the Kite Runner that I could read on the plane? I read Life of Pi, but I didn;t really like it. :) Hope u know some good booK!

     
  • At 11:21 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Faiza: Of course I noticed!

    Congratulations on graduating! Yay! That must be exciting (and scary). And, congratulations on your job! Where are you going to be working?

    Wow, India all alone That's very brave of you :D I've never travelled alone but that will definitely be a great experience for you. Let me know how it goes, and did you get my email from before??!! Because I'm still waiting for a response!

    Ask me in a few days about the books again, I have a list of books I want to read but I'm too lazy to go get it right now. I'm glad you liked the Kite Runner - Oh - actually, now that I think of it, that same author recently published another book - I think it came out at the end of May, and I can't remember the name right now but it looks interesting, so in the meantime, look into that!

     
  • At 3:07 p.m., Blogger Nauman said…

    I only complain with you... or on my blog... otherwise, I don't really complain and tend to roll with the punches. :)

     
  • At 7:58 p.m., Blogger 'liya said…

    Nauman: Sure... :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home